Pet Project Foundation
The shelter is open to the general public but we highly encourage you to fill out an application form before your visit.
Beneficiary Designation Gifts
Will or Living Trust
Gifts by will or living trusts for the benefit of Pet Project Foundation may be for a set dollar amount, a percentage of the total estate, or the residual amount (funds leftover after all expenses have been paid).
Life Insurance Plan
With respect to life insurance, your needs change over time. The ownership and beneficiary designation of funded life insurance policies can be transferred to Pet Project Foundation. A gift of a current policy may also enable the donor to turn a monthly premium into a tax-free charitable gift.
Retirement plan assets (IRAs, 401(k), 403(b), etc.) offer another easy method for planned giving. The funds can be transferred at death to the Foundation by naming Pet Project Foundation as either the primary or contingent beneficiary of the account. As these funds are not distributed until your passing, they are not subject to estate tax or income tax.
Securities or Appreciated Assets
A gift of your securities, including your stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift. By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains taxes that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
Necessary request information:
Pet Project Foundation
P.O. Box 5678
San Clemente, CA 92674-5678
Phone: (949) 595-8899
Tax ID Number: 33-0030634
Tax Status: Not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation
PPF conveys its deepest gratitude to donors that honor the homeless companion animals in our care with a planned gift.
Note: Pet Project Foundation encourages you to contact your legal or financial professional to help guide you in any tax questions you may have.
For additional questions you may have regarding a bequest to PPF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential, and imply no obligation to make a gift.
Nothing in the Planned Giving & Bequests section of this site should be construed as legal advice. Please contact your attorney or financial adviser to help you decide what is best for your personal situation.
Ready to Become a Volunteeer?
Fill out the volunteer application here
Expectations of Pet Project Foundation Volunteers:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit an application and attend appropriate orientation and training sessions
- Be able to make a commitment of at least 6 months to your volunteer position
- Report to assigned shift on time and stay until the end of your shift
- Notify the volunteer coordinator if you are unable to come in for your assigned shift
- Follow the direction of paid staff at all times
- Learn and follow the policies of the shelter
- Wear clothing appropriate to the season and to your assignment
- Report accidents and bites promptly to staff
- Interact courteously and professionally with staff, guests and volunteers
- Become a member of Pet Project Foundation by paying the annual dues - a volunteer t-shirt is included with initial fee